INTERNATIONAL LIVING FOOD SUMMIT II
Vibrant Health Through Plant-Based Nutrition
These historic summits were held at the Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach Florida on January 14, 2006, and April 28, 2007. The summits convened to unify the leadership in the Living Food Movement, establishing scientifically based common standards for optimum health.
Leaders from eight countries (with a combined total of 434 years following this lifestyle) agreed on the following standards:
The Optimum Diet for Health/Longevity:
· Vegan (no animal products of any kind, cooked or raw)
· Whole Foods
· High in nutrition such as vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients
· Highly mineralized
· Contains a significant quantity of chlorophyll-rich green foods
· Contains adequate complete protein from plant sources
· Contains a large proportion of high-water content foods
· Provides excellent hydration
· Includes raw vegetable juices
· Contains all essential fatty acids, including Omega 3 fatty acids from naturally occurring plant sources
· Is at least 80% raw (the remaining to be Vegan, whole food, and organic)
· Has moderate, yet adequate caloric intake
· Contains only low to moderate sugar and exclusively from whole food sources (fruitarianism is strongly discouraged)
· Contains minimal amounts of unprocessed salts, as needed
· Is nutritionally optimal for both detoxification and rebuilding
We also agree that:
• Deficiency of Vitamin B-12 is a global issue for mental and physical health, for anyone on any diet. Therefore, supplementation with Vitamin B-12 is advised.
• The addition of enzyme active superfoods and whole food supplements is also advised.
• Caffeinated and/or addictive substances (even in their raw form), such as cocao/chocolate, coffee, caffeinated teas, and alcohol are highly discouraged.
• This way of eating can be further optimized by tailoring it based on individual needs (within the principles stated).
• Benefits derived by following these principles are proportional to how well they are followed.
• We will remain open-minded, and this information will be updated and expanded upon, if necessary, as new research becomes available.
• Diet is a critical part of a healthy lifestyle, yet not the entire picture. A full spectrum, health supportive lifestyle is encouraged. This includes physical exercise, exposure to sunshine, as well as psychological health. Avoiding environmental toxins and toxic products is essential. Paramount is pure water (for consumption and bathing), the use of natural fiber clothing, and non-toxic personal care products. Also consider healthy options in home furnishings/building materials and related items.
All participating leaders agree that eating according to the International Living food Summit Guidelines will significantly address the urgent issues of health, environmental sustainability, world hunger, and a compassionate respect for all life.
The following leaders support these principles:
(listed in alphabetical order)
Solveig Almqvist – Secretary of the Enzyme Swedish Living Foods association – Sweden
Tommy Axelsson – Secretary of the Enzyme Swedish Living Foods association – Sweden
Fred Bischi, PhD – USA
Tamera Campbell – Vision – USA
Rajaa Chbani – Pharmacie L’Unite – Morocco
Gabriel Cousens, MD, MD(H) – Diplomat American Board of Holistic Medicine – USA
Brenda Cobb – Living Foods Institute – USA
Anna Maria Clement, CN, NMD, PhD – Hippocrates Health Institute – USA
Brian Clement, CN, NMD, PhD – Hippocrates Health Institute – USA
Carole Dougoud – Institute Haute Vitalite – Switzerland
Kare Engstrom – Dietician – Sweden
Viktoras Kulvinskas – “Grandfather” of the Living Foods Movement – USA
Marie Christine Lhermitte – Chemin du mas Magnuel – France
George Malkmus – Hallelujah Acres – USA
Rhonda Malkmus – Hallelujah Acres – USA
Paul Nison – The Raw Life – USA
Claudine Richard – Naturopath – France
Michael Saiber – Vision – USA
Jameth Sheridan, ND – HealthForce Nutritionals – USA
Diana Store – Raw Superfoods – UK/The Netherlands
Jill Swyers – Living Foods For Health – UK/Portugal
Walter J. Urban, PhD – USA – Costa Rica