A fine starter to a meal or as a refreshing side dish to a main course
1 fresh cucumber
Juice of half a lemon (apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar can be substituted; a splash to be used)
1 clove of garlic (optional)
2 Teaspoons of white shiro miso
1 Tablespoon of tamari or shoyu
1 Teaspoon of yuzu juice (optional)
1 Tablespoon or more of sesame oil (roasted sesame oil also works)
1 packet of Atlantic Kitchen Wakame
A sprinkle of fresh or toasted sesame seeds
Celtic sea salt to taste
1. Wash and evenly chop the cucumber into ½ centimetre cubes or thick slices.
2. Soak the wakame in a bowl of cold water for ten minutes or until it has softened. Drain the wakame and pat dry on a clean kitchen towel.
3. Add all the ingredients together and lightly mix until evenly incorporated.
4. Taste and adjust if more seasoning is needed or oil to make it moister.
5. Serve immediately! Can be used as a side dish to raw sushi or any other light dish.
By Chef Nicole Crucero